Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 09

Christmas this year was so different then Christmas' past. For some reason, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get into the Christmas spirit. There was so much going on, and then a few days before Christmas Lily caught a horrible cold, then J caught it and I did too. Well I had it for like 24 hours... I think that was my Christmas miracle because I don't ever really remember a cold that didn't end up in a lung infection and antibiotics. I was just achy and snotty for a day lol. But they STILL have it! Anyway... every year we lite our cinnamon candles and can't wait to put our tree up and decorate. We drive around and look at all the lights and decorations, and we generally watch The Nativity Story like 3 times or I do and listening to Todd Agnews Christmas album is a must. This year however we like to never got the tree up, when we did we had no decorations on it for a long time... because we couldn't find them. We had so many ppl to visit and things to do that I got to watch about half of The Nativity Story and I still don't have my cd back from my friend. Then we went looking for decorations and honestly there were only a handful of ppl that had decorated. Clearly we weren't the only ones that weren't in the Christmas spirit.

Although I feel that I was completely unprepared for Christmas. It was pretty great watching Lily excited about playing with her presents and ripping them open with a little help that is. She got so much stuff! Books, 4 dolls, outfits, shoes, tons of toys...and santa brought her a babydoll stroller... since she takes off with my laundry baskets pushing them across the floor lol.


Here's Lily with one of her many toy sets... along with a lot of boxes and junk from the other stuff that was opened :)Papaw helping Lily open her Cabbage Patch doll... one of the 4 dolls she got!!!!
My sister bought me this cute little angel bear :) Don't mind the face... early morning +no makeup = me looking like a disaster lol.

Lily stealing one of Xavier's toys lol
Here's one of Lily and her present from Santa... not from Christmas Day... because daddy didn't have it put together yet lol

I had had my eye on a new camera for quite a while now. Of course the one that I wanted was over a thousand dollars. So I planned to start saving in 2010 and buy one by the end of the year. I really love photography (never said I was any good at it) especially since I came across a local photographer here and seen some of her work (she has a blog, it's called Angelas blog on my blog list) I just wish I could do that... anyway since I can't afford to take Lily as much as I'd like to have her pictures made I've been doin the best I can with what I have to work with. Then I opened my Christmas present Christmas morning and I had this awesome new camera from J... no it wasn't the big crazy expensive one but as broke as we have been I don't know where he came up with the money for it, because it's still pretty expensive (for us anyway). I'm so in love with it and it takes awesome pictures. So I will be taking lots of pictures, but I still love my little pink kodak I got last year it takes awesome pics too.

All in all I had a pretty great Christmas, even if the excitement leading up to it just wasn't there.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a Happy New Year!

God Bless
Misha

No comments:

Post a Comment